Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti qx56: my QX56 wont start. The dash lights and Navigation

Customer Question

my QX56 wont start. The dash lights and Navigation screen are not on but the red security light is flashing when I put the key in ignition.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.

Jay :

Hello and Thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Customer:

hello

Customer:

are you there?

Jay :

yes

Jay :

Did you try jump starting the truck?

Customer:

my QX56 was running fine last week

Customer:

but since then i didnt use it. Today it wont start

Customer:

so I thought battery was dead, and I tried to jumpstart it

Customer:

it didnt work

Jay :

When you turn the key to the ON position no power comes up on the dash?

Jay :

Radio turn on anything?

Customer:

no

Customer:

just the red flashing security light

Customer:

No radio, no navigation sceen

Customer:

but the door light work

Customer:

and the warning alarm (the one remind you they key is in ignition goes on)

Jay :

Yeah, don't worry about the security light

Jay :

Do the head lights work?

Customer:

no

Customer:

I can double check in 1 sec

Jay :

Ok

Jay :

double check

Customer:

can you give me just 5 sec

Customer:

brb

Customer:

no

Customer:

The light did not work but the beep beep alarm remind you that the light is on while engine off goes on like normal.

Jay :

It sounds like you may have a blown fusible link

Jay :

Get a flash light

Jay :

and look here and see if it looks broken.

Jay :

Let me give you a image of it's location

Customer:

is that the mini fushes or the one under the hood?

Customer:

i checked all the mini fushes on the passenger side

Jay :

Yea, it's on the positive battery termina

Customer:

ah, that one

Customer:

is it those big cube shape fuses?

Jay :

yeah

Customer:

oh oh, the on that connect to the positive battery terminal

Customer:

let me step out check them very fast

Jay :

ok

Customer:

okie

Customer:

it's going to take longer than a few seconds. So i came back ><;

Customer:

but you think that may be the problem, one of the fuses there may have been fried?

Customer:

I gonna need to figure out how to take them apart to take a look =]

Jay :

Yeah, that is like the main fuse of the car

Jay :

You need to remove the negative battery terminal first

Jay :

Then remove the 12 mm nut for the fusible link, so the terminal stays on the battery and then unplug the electrical connectors to it

Customer:

I am going to need sometime to perform the task. Is there a way I can get bay to you Jay? I am Tin Tran

Jay :

That should release the fusible link

Jay :

Sure, I am online till 11 pm Tonight

Jay :

Which is 3 more hours

Jay :

So I will be here

Customer:

but how will I get to pick to see you again instead of someone else random? is there a way?

Jay :

Just log back into just answer and come back to this question. It will be under My Questions on top

Customer:

kk, Jay, thanks alot for your help. I am going to go check on that main fuse now. I will accept and give you feed back if all work out well. If not I will get back to you in probably 15-30 minute

Jay :

Not a problem. I will be here.

Jay :

Thanks Jay!

Customer:

Thanks you Jay.

Jay :

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Jay :

Thanks Jay!

Customer:

Hi Jay, are you still there?

Jay :

Yes

Jay :

I am still here

Customer:

yes, you are right the fuse is fried

Customer:

but I have no idea how to get it replace, do i have to go to infinity to get the part?

Customer:

can I fix it or I have to get a whole new housing? I wish that I can send you picture

Jay :

That comes as one piece

Jay :

You can get it from a Nissan Dealer or a Infiniti dealer

Jay :

It's the same as a Armada

Customer:

the fuse
Full Size Image

Jay :

Oh yeah, I see the break

Customer:

oh I see. My car has not start yet but this is a first step to fix it. I am going to get it now. I am going to hit accept payment now. Thanks you Jay.

Jay :

Jay :

Thanks Jay!

Customer:

yah, the whole thing come only in 1 piece so I gotta order the whole thing right?

Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience: 20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer