Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti G35: 2005 infinity g35 v6 replaced waterpump now getting

Customer Question

2005 infinity g35 v6 replaced waterpump now getting code p0011 took off intake valve solenoid cleaned reset and light came back on. Car also has a problem with steering been hard to steer and have to manually return wheel after turning.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Thank you for using JustAnswer.com

When you had the timing chain tensioner removed did you turn the engine my hand or anything?

Let me know thanks Jay
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I had to roll engine to get chain slack enough to remove waterpump

Expert:  Jay replied 4 years ago.
You didn't need to turn it that much to get the slack out, other wise it may have jumpped a tooth. If you didn't have this code before you did the water pump and have it now, it's very possible you may have jumped a tooth when rotating the engine with the tensioner out.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thats what i was thinking do you have directions for setting timming or where marks should line up? Any ideas why car has become harder to steer read something about a steering angle sensor or something. I know these 2 problems are unrelated because they happened at different times.

Expert:  Jay replied 4 years ago.
To properly set the timing chain, the whole front timing cover would need to be removed. The timing chain has colored links that match up to all the timing marks. See image on the timing mark location.graphic

As for hard to steer, is it hard to steer in either dirction?

Let me know, Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Seems to be both ways and wheel does not want to countersteer, you must do it manually.

Expert:  Jay replied 4 years ago.
That can be a couple things. I have seen where the steering joint at the rack can cause that, and also if you have the wrong tire size on the car.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It seem to start when had one tire on front got a nail and went low. Had tire fixed, but problem remained with steering.

Expert:  Jay replied 4 years ago.
Is this a coupe or sedan?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
sedan
Expert:  Jay replied 4 years ago.
Don't know. Tire repairs shouldn't affect steering, unless tire pressure is low or something.

The only time I have seen steering issues are on coupes when the tires are rotate and it has stagger size wheels.

Most cases when steering is hard it's the steering joint at the rack.

Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You are right steering joint at rack is shot. Will have to wait on timming marks did not get that far too late, too dark. Do you think transmission flush is a good idea at 100,000? I changed pan oil at 50,000miles

Expert:  Jay replied 4 years ago.
No, do not do any tranmission flush. You do not want to flush the trans after 90k miles. If you want to service it, just do a drain and refill. Your trans takes Matic S trans fluid.

Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks will take your advice. Have a good night.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 years ago.
Your welcome.

Thanks Jay!