Ryan, Infiniti Master Tech
Experience:  Infiniti Master available by request Thank you!!!

Infiniti Q45: 2002 Infiniti Q45 ignition key wont turn but

2002 Infiniti Q45 ignition key won't turn but fuses up to 50 amp all are good (checked with meter).
I have pulled the steering wheel to the left, tried turning the key many times but key will not move.
The gear select appears to be in the park position sso I don't think that is the problem.
I have disconned the battery (10 minutes), turned on lights, then reconnected the battery and tried to turn the key fob but it is still stuck.
Hi My Name isXXXXX you for using Just I am an Infiniti Master Technician and I will do my best to assist you with your Question

What does the security light do when you insert the key?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ryan, the security light flashes about once every 3 seconds with or without the key fob inserted.
Ok if it is not on solid then it is not a key issue. Most likely the key lock solenoid is not getting power to release the steering and key interlock. Are you aware there is a fuse panel behind the passenger side kick panel. I have had problems related to this fuse box.

Also the interior lamp fuse is a common issue to. The fuse marked interior lamp is actually a BCM fuse. If it blows will not be able to turn the key.

Check these things and let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ryan, Sorry to take so long. I checked those fuses (15, 10, 15, 20, 10, 15, 10, 15amp) and they are all good.

I was working on changing my drivers low beam and the inside console bulbs when my problem occured.

Ok Do your lights work now? What happens when you take your metal key and turn it in the ignition? Will it turn?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, the lighrts do work. I was suprised to learn that the metal key does turn the ignition without the key fobs. I had tried both key fobs before and neither worked so i didnt think the fobs were the problem.
Ok I'm going to have to study the wiring diagram and get back to you tomorrow. What console bulbs were you changing exactly? Do your map and dome lights work?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was changing the map lights but they are not working now.
Ok well like I said before there is a fuse that is for the interior lights. If this fuse blows you will not be able to start it. I believe it is fuse #8 .This. is almost certainly your problem.

It is very easy to check fuses with a test light you do not even have to pull them out. With the key on ground on end of the test light then touch the point to the exposed metal on the back of each fuse. If the fuse is good the test light should light on both sides of the fuse. If the fuse is bad it will only light on one side.

I hope this information helps you.

Good luck! Thank you for using just