Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer

2007 Infiniti FX35: The heat/fan doesnt come on it..driven..awhile

My wife has a 2007 Infiniti FX35. The heat/fan doesn't come on it seems until the car has been driven/ran for quite awhile. It doesn't seem you can make it come on, even in manual mode. She just came home from work (about aXXXXX the fan never came on and it is about 4 degrees outside, she is not happy!!! Any thoughts suggestions? Help! When momma ain't happy, nobodies happy!
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.

Jay :

Hello and Thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Jay :

All Blower speeds are not working?

Customer:

Blower speeds are displayed on screen. But blower is not on. It does come on finally after a period of time.

Customer:

Blower speeds do work when fan finally does come on.

Jay :

Ok

Jay :

Your going to need what they call the Unified meter / AC control amp.

Jay :

That is what controls Blower Speed operation.

Jay :

Do you have Intelligent cruise control?

Customer:

No, it does not have the technology package. I believe it is just normal cruise.

Jay :

Ok, just wanted to be sure, cause the Unified Meter / AC control unit gets calibrated when the Intelligent Cruise Control recall is done

Jay :

So you will need to have that replaced. It's located under the radio.

Customer:

We have an extended warranty. I assume that will be covered. We purchased from a Nissan dealer in Denver, Will they know what you are talking about?

Jay :

They should

Jay :

All Nissan Dealers have access to the Service Manuals to your car to perform the proper diagnostics

Customer:

Just to clarify, the fan should turn on anytime you want it to, right? Just turn it on and it should blow immediately?

Jay :

If you want to manually control the fan, yes it should operate

Customer:

Ok, it acts the same in manual or auto mode.

Jay :

Yeah, so you are going to need that Unified Meter / Ac control amp

Customer:

Great, hope that works and makes momma happy.

Jay :

Well, it will make Momma comfortable again when driving in her FX

Jay :

:)

Customer:

Thanks Jay, I see your point.... that's a big plus though. Thanks alot

Jay :

Your welcome, and have a happy holiday.

Jay :

Thanks Jay!

Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience: 20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer