Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic
Experience:  Factory trained to repair Nissan and Subaru.

Infiniti I30 PLEASE SHOW ME HOW TO RESET ANTI THEFT SYSTEM

Customer Question

PLEASE SHOW ME HOW TO RESET ANTI THEFT SYSTEM ON 1998 INFINITY I30. PLEASE HELP.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
HI there! If it is the factory system, here is the procedure.
Close the trunk and hood, then open the drivers door and lock all the doors with the door lock switch, then close the driver door.
Wait 30 seconds and unlock the door with the key.Then wait 30 more seconds and open the door. This will reset the factory alarm system
Hope this helps!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I JUST DID WHAT YOU JUST SHOW ME BUT IT DOES NOT WORK

Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Are you sure it is the factory alarm and not some aftermarket alarm?
Are the lights flashing and the horn blaring?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

YES, THIS IS FACTORY ALARM. THE CAR WON'T START.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Ok,and the lights are flashing and horn is going off?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

NO, THE LIGHT NOT FLASHING WHEN YOU PUT THE KEY ON. AND NO HORN.tHE MAIN THING IS THE CAR IS NOT STARTED. lAST NIGHT THE MECHANIC CAME AND PERFORM SOME PROCEDURE AND IT WORRK. AND NOW IT DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE. CHECK ALL FUSED AND RELAY AND EVEN DIS CONNECT THE BATTERY IT STILL DOES NOT WORK.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Well, I am sorry, I know of no other way to reset the factory alarm.
Perhaps the car has a weak battery, or a problem with the neutral safety switch. Try starting it in neutral and also try a jump start.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

YES, IDID JUMP STARTED AND ALSO SWITCHED TO NEUTAL. STILL DOES NOT WORK. I GUEST IT MUST TOW TO INFINITY DEALER SHIP THEN. tHANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I don't have the answer for you today. According to the owners manual all you should have to do is unlock the car using the key.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much for your help but your advise does not fix the problem and my car end up in Infinity dealer ship now. I can not say Accept Answer. Sorry.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
No need, it is an automated email. Would be nice to have some follow up once it is repaired. Thanks