Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic
Experience:  Factory trained to repair Nissan and Subaru.
2921078

2002 infiniti q45: my remote key will not come out the ignition, it

i have a 2002 infiniti q45 my remote key will not come out the ignition, it will not turn all the way to the left to come out and when you turn it to the right to start it will not start. how can i get this problem fix.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 years ago.
Hi there! Does the engine crank when you try to start it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
nope. the secrity light blinks the tail light and the front lights come on but no start
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 years ago.
I think you may have a dead battery. I would start by trying to jump start it and see if that releases the key for you. Once it has enough power, then the key lock should release, give it a try and let me know. We will take it from there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
just replace the battrie three mounths ago , let me start from the top i was changeing the dome light not thinking useing a flat head it touched the metal part.a spark went off my car seat went back and forth when i put the key in the ignition it would not lock in . long story short my wife got it started drove around all day when she came home i took the battier cables off caue she said the car would turn off but the key would not come out. thinking that its a computer it will rebot. nope know it wont start and the key will not come out
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 years ago.
Does the dome light work now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
dont know trying to get the key out
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 years ago.
lol, I understand,
but I need you to check a few things for me so I can help you out.
Please check the following:
See if the dome light works, I would also like to know if the brake lights work and if you can shift out of park.
Trust me, these details will help me figure out what is going on for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thats all i can do lol trust me iam lol like crazy this car has taken me through some times ..... all ligths come on but will not go shift out of park

Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 years ago.
OK, I am going to have you start by checcking fuse #8 and fuse #12 in the fuse box inside the truck.
graphic
Let me know!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i did that to but i will check again.... the ones under the hood or in the car under the steering wheel ... are there any cut off swichtes for the alarm its not going off but the light is blinking
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 years ago.
The light should blink, that is somewhat normal.
The system should allow it to crank and not fire.
This is the fusebox inside the vehicle.
If you have a test light, that would be the best way to check them.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
will check .the fuese in the car.and get a jump... question u know any web sites were to get parts for this car at good prices... lol lol lol... should i have to get a conversion kit for the new xeon lights i put in it seems to be pulling a lot of power put one light in two weeks ago with the reg light no prob. put the othe one in know its either the left side or the right side that stays on both will not stay on at the same time and notice that when heat is on the power weakings with the fan.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 years ago.
You may have a weak alternator. Not all xenons need a conversion kit, but it also sounds to me like you might have some type of wiring issue causing a battery drain on the system.
As for any sites, not any with Infiniti. I haven't actually looked wither to be honest, I have a nissan so I have found a decent site for them.
Youlet me know what happens with a jump and the fuses. I really am thinking it's a power issure at the moment, however there are plenty of electronics that could be involved as well.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
o.k thanks have to do it later car all the way across town i think it need a jump to and the alternator. not getting to kick like its surrpose to when i hit the gas you have been very helpful. thak u many times and bless you and ur family
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks! Let me kow when you can, I should be here all day.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic
Experience: Factory trained to repair Nissan and Subaru.