Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic
Experience:  Factory trained to repair Nissan and Subaru.

Infiniti I35: 2003, the check engine light just came on what do you

Customer Question

I have an infiniti I35 2003, the check engine light just came on what do you think could be the problem?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
Hi there! How well is it running? Does it seem normal?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well the car runs just fine accelaration and everything however I think some cheap gas or something was put in because I hear knocking sound sometimes and the light just came on yesterday
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
Ok, there are over 500 reasons for the light to come on. Because you are hearing some knocking, I think it would be best to have the codes read. Most parts stores will do this at no charge for you. If you would like to have them read and post them here with me I can tell you what is going on.
It is possible it is related to the engine knocking that you are hearing. You may have a misfire in the engine that needs to be addressed before it damages the catalytic converters.
This is really the place to start. I also suggest checking the oil level to be sure it isn't low.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Will do and let you know
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
Thanks we will take it from there!