Ryan, Infiniti Master Tech
Experience:  Infiniti Master available by request Thank you!!!

1996 Infiniti I30: a code of P1447..Evap..emissions..control

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Infiniti I30 and get a code of P1447. Evap emissions control. I am wanting to know what I need to do to fix this.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Infiniti expert replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to just I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.Check for leaks in the system very commonly this is simply a faulty canister , Check the EVAP control system pressure sensor voltage on the White wire at the sensor or on the scan tool - look for 3.3 - 3.4 volts key on engine off. Apply vacuum to the EVAP control system pressure sensor and verify voltage pulls down on the sensor. Check the EVAP canister purge control valve for being plugged with charcoal in case the canister has come apart.
Expert:  Ryan replied 6 years ago.
Hi My Name isXXXXX you for using Just I am an Infiniti Master Technician and I will do my best to assist you with your Question

This is not an easy code to diagnose. It can be set by many different failed components. Here is the diagnostic procedure from the service manual. If you require more assistance let me know.graphicgraphicgraphic