Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic
Experience:  Factory trained to repair Nissan and Subaru.

my infiniti i30 will not start and battery is fine and there

my infiniti i30 will not start and battery is fine and there is plenty of fuel
Hi there! Does the engine turn over?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Nothing is really happening. It just makes a click the first time you try to start the car. Everything lights up but nothing else happens.
Ok, how did you determine the battery is good? Was it tested?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Great question, I really cant say that I have made any true determination. I typically use a meter but I don't have my meter with me at the moment. I assumed that the battery was good because all of the lights are working and there doesn't seem to be any fade in the lights, horn, etc.
Ok, I am going to say start by trying a jump start. The lights and radio only take voltage, while the starter requires amps. The fact that you at least get that one click can indicate that the electrical is good, just lacking the amps to crank the starter.
I would let the donor car stay attached for about ten minutes,then try to crank it over.
If it still won't crank, I would suspect the starter is failing. This is where I would start with this. Give it a shot and let me know!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will try that I truly hope that works. Thanks
I hope it does to :) If not, give me a shout and we can do some testing. You will need the meter for it though!
I wouldn't tell you to do it if I didn't think it were a possible solution!