Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

I have a questions regarding filling a divorce, Yes, we have

Customer Question

good Morning Pearl, I have a questions regarding filling a divorce
JA: Are there any minor children from the relationship? What is the custody situation?
Customer: Yes, we have a son who will be 6 in next 2 weeks, She has taken the kid overseas without any of my consent before 20 months, In India
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes I have applied for separation order in Nov 2015 which was granted in Aug 2016
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we had arguments on 17th april and decided to get separated, we were living under same roof and on 3rd June 2015 I moved out.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 month ago.

You can apply to have your marriage dissolved once you have been separated for more than two years. If you actually moved out on 3 June 2015, that would normally mean you can apply for dissolution after 3 June 2017. If you applied for a separation order, this may have some effect on the date, because that will presumably describe the date also. So you will need to be consistent with both dates. But the dissolution can be based on the date you left, rather than the separation order