How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22762
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a new Zealand person was arrested and charges dismissed

Customer Question

If a new Zealand person was arrested and charges dismissed how is that refelected on the records and how can any references to arrest be be removed from the records. In the case where a person was detained for demonstrating in favor of children never convicted of ANY charge but has been denied employment because the arrest record shows who can that infomation be purged from the record.It is unclear to me How your going to respond. My e-mail i***@******.***
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 6 months ago.

Hi, the responses come through the dialogue which is in the windows of this program.

Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 6 months ago.

There is no criminal record kept when a person is arrested charged but then found not guilty, or the charges were dismissed. The record of an arrest is not available as a matter of course. Of course, if there was a news story about the charges and the trial and the result, that is in the public domain and it is not possible for this to be removed. The problem lies in the concept of the right to be forgotten, and regrettably publicity means that such records remain, without any ability to change this.

Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 6 months ago.

Please feel free to respond in the dialogue box below

Related New Zealand Law Questions