How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22678
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by

Customer Question

hi my name is Juliet
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: karori Wellington
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes police arrested me and my husband
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: because will fight
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I need help please
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Its possible to change statement to police?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
80828429 Juliet emoubo obieh
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 6 months ago.


I can call when you are ready but i expect you are looking for bail or a lawyer for court this morning. Can you ring 04(###) ###-####and there will be a lawyer there who can help

Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 6 months ago.

There will also be a duty lawyer at court this morning, a free service, who can see both of you and advise what to do

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK thank you for your help. But I was there already. I just want to explained my statement to the police. Because my ability of English is poor. So its possible to go to police station and try and speak with any police to real address my statement? This was my questions please thanks
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 6 months ago.

Once you have given your statement to the police, you cannot change this. What you have to do, when this goes to court, is explain to the judge that you didn't understand what was happening because you don't speak English as a 1st language

Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 6 months ago.

If this is a situation where you have a problem with a charge of assault from domestic violence, and you do not speak English as your 1st language, you can ask for a court interpreter so that you can explain things to the judge

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thank you so much. I guess I will just wait till the earing than. I hope they try and understand that am struggly to speak English and what they wrote down is not what I meant.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My husband is all I got in here. I don't have family, I don't have friends, nobody. Just him I need him back home for us.
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 6 months ago.

Does your husband have a lawyer? The lawyer can get him bail, but with domestic violence charges he is not allowed to talk to you. So the quicker he deals with the charges the sooner he can come home

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
he have a lawyer. But I don't know how fast he can sort things. You are the only one calming me down since yesterday. Thank you. No lawyer could help me answer all those questions. You are very helpful. Thanks
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 6 months ago.

Glad to help

Related New Zealand Law Questions