Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by

Customer Question

hi my name is Juliet
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: karori Wellington
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes police arrested me and my husband
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: because will fight
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I need help please
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Its possible to change statement to police?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
80828429 Juliet emoubo obieh
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 13 days ago.

Hi

I can call when you are ready but i expect you are looking for bail or a lawyer for court this morning. Can you ring 04(###) ###-####and there will be a lawyer there who can help

There will also be a duty lawyer at court this morning, a free service, who can see both of you and advise what to do

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
OK thank you for your help. But I was there already. I just want to explained my statement to the police. Because my ability of English is poor. So its possible to go to police station and try and speak with any police to real address my statement? This was my questions please thanks
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 12 days ago.

Once you have given your statement to the police, you cannot change this. What you have to do, when this goes to court, is explain to the judge that you didn't understand what was happening because you don't speak English as a 1st language

If this is a situation where you have a problem with a charge of assault from domestic violence, and you do not speak English as your 1st language, you can ask for a court interpreter so that you can explain things to the judge

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok thank you so much. I guess I will just wait till the earing than. I hope they try and understand that am struggly to speak English and what they wrote down is not what I meant.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My husband is all I got in here. I don't have family, I don't have friends, nobody. Just him I need him back home for us.

Does your husband have a lawyer? The lawyer can get him bail, but with domestic violence charges he is not allowed to talk to you. So the quicker he deals with the charges the sooner he can come home

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
he have a lawyer. But I don't know how fast he can sort things. You are the only one calming me down since yesterday. Thank you. No lawyer could help me answer all those questions. You are very helpful. Thanks

Glad to help