Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

CAN I BE DISMISSED FROM MY JOB FOR WRONG DOING. I HAVE TO

Customer Question

CAN I BE DISMISSED FROM MY JOB FOR WRONG DOING. I HAVE TO SEE THE PRINCIPLE AS REGARDS ***** ***** PERSONAL GRIEVANCE FROM A TEACHER. AM I INTITLED TO A WARNING OR CAN I LOOSE MY JOB.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: SORRY. NEW ZEALAND.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: YES UNION.PART TIME
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: YES , I'M A CLEANER,HAVE HAD MY OWN GREIVANCE. BUT FELL ON DEAF EARS. I DRESSED HER DOWN IN FRNT OF A STAFF MEMBER AND STUDENT AND HE TOOK IT TO THE PRINCIPLE. SHE STARTED IN FEB THIS YEAR AND HAS NEVER LIKED ME. I HAVE NEVER DONE HER ANY WRONG
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 months ago.

This is a matter which should be at the worst a warning if the principal uphold the complaint. The issue is whether this was appropriate to say to her, and if any bad language was used by you. But if she had done something which needed discussion with you, and was something where you thought she was in the wrong, then if the conversation was just about that issue, you should not be warned or dismissed. If you are warned or dismissed then you can claim a personal grievance

You should be allowed a support person, and the union may be able to help with this.