How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22315
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im am main benifiecrie of my uncles will my uncles partner

Customer Question

im am main benifiecrie of my uncles will my uncles partner of 2 years but living together for 1 and a bit was left with an set amount but is wanting to contest the will and would like to have a bout 35-40% of the estate my question i guess would be does he have a case
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: newzealand auckland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: so he has sent the estate laywer a letter wanting to discuse this with myself and my brother are majority benifieriys and other benificery 3 are minors we have said we decline to a meeting as dificatlys would be to have us all agree
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that i can think abart for that the will is very clear and states who is to get what partner 100,000 myself and brother 35% and my 3 minor cusins 10%
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 30 days ago.
I think you definitely should try to meet to discuss this, perhaps with a professional mediator to help you reach a settlement, as going to court always costs a lot in legal fees. The mediator can facilitate a discussion and settlement which could get this completed quickly and much more cheaply
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 30 days ago.
Even if the claim is not strong this will still cost money to defend in court and damage the family relationships.

Related New Zealand Law Questions