Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

My sister 's will to sell her house by the lawyer as a

Customer Question

My sister 's will to sell her house by the lawyer as a trustee and split among her four kids but I still hang on to the house for 18years now because the 3 children are sick and one already pass away now I ask the layer to cancel the will because I can't look after them leave the house to shelter themselves please advice
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ohh Iam from New Zealand
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I talked with the lawyer he said he will take it to court they only people to cancel the will
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: All I want to give the ownership of the house to the only child who not sick so she can insured the house and cancel the will
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 8 days ago.
I need some more information. Has your sister died? I wasn't sure although I thought that was the case. If she died many years ago you cannot re write the will. What you can do is apply to court to change the terms of the trust and help the remaining child. So the lawyer needs to get the family to agree to this and he can apply to court to vary the trust