Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

My daughter is being bullied by a senior manger ( second

Customer Question

my daughter is being bullied by a senior manger ( second from the top ) at her place of work , her 2 supervisers are taking orders from the bully to pass on to her and they are aware of the situation are they obligated
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: or by law to bring this up with someone higher up like a 6 man board of directors. it has been going on for 6 months. she is in the process of taken it to court but it seems to be taking forever
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: are they part of the bulling
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 3 months ago.
Hi
Is she taking them to an employment mediation? Or has this gone further? I can help explain how long these processes take.
The managers who carry the bullying messages are part of the problem. They can choose not to take part or filter the messages so it isn't as bad
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just want to know if the two supervisers are part of the problem and should they be doing more to help my daughter or reporting the bulling to higher management. i know they are worried about their jobs but that is no excuse to be part of the bulling they know is affecting my daughter who is very stressed. thank you

The employer generally has an obligation to protect all staff from being bullied. So the supervisors are part of that duty, and should not take part in any of the bullying and should have reported this. That is why I refer to them being part of the problem, if they are just passing on orders are part of the bullying. These matters are of course quite complicated, and need to be investigated properly. Unfortunately this does take time