Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

Ive got court on the 7th this month and im just scarred on

Customer Question

Hi ive got court on the 7th this month and im just scarred on what can happen to me so i would like some help on what the charges will be
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: So I cannot ask any questions for free?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And just to clarify, have charges been officially filed?
Customer: no they haven't I live in Auckland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes they have
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes i was just wondering since im 17 and this is my first offence which is dui and my friend was put in hospital is it possible that i will be able to apply for diversion
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 3 months ago.

Hi what are you charged with? Have the police given you a charging document with a court date and saying anything about the charge?

There isnt a second NZ lawyer on so your second question may not be needed

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
They said probably drivers licence disqualifies and i think careless driving Im just really scarred cause i read that this could lead to a sentence as its considered to high of an offence for a diversion but i dont know if this applys to 17 year olds

If you are charged with careless drivingyou will likely qualify for diversion, but can you tell me if you were driving with a correct drivers licence? Do you have a full licence or a restricted licence? Careless driving does not carry any risk of jail but is usually just a fine. If you are driving without a licence then you will be further disqualified for at least 6 months.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Oh My GOD WHY IS it $48 for the question u said $5 this is such a scam my question hasnt even been answered properly i demand a refund i am not rich im facing court on the 7th i dont have much money this is insane how could u take that much away
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I AM GOING TO BE IN DEBT please give that $48 dollars back
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I need it as i will most likely be facing a huge fine

The best way to get what you need is to have questions and I will answer until you are happy. But if you are not happy you can seek a refund. I am still not sure what you are charged with, but careless driving is the least serious driving charge and the fine, if you dont have much money or a low income is kept reaonable and the court gives you time to pay, based on what you can afford

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I demand my refund now it said thaty it was only $5 this false advertising i need that money please find it in you to refund that $48 dollars i am not happy with this

I have asked for this go to customer service for a refund. I would have been happy to help until you got what you need, but I guess this is all I can do for now

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do not want to be a member of this i just wanted to ask some questions please refund my money and i will leave i very unhappy and i cant believe that you took $48 dollars from me