Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

My father is 86 years old and he has no will. My father

Customer Question

My father is 86 years old and he has no will. My father stays with me and I think it is time for him to get a will set in place. What needs to be done we don't have a lawyer at all.
cheers Jackie
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 months ago.

Most suburban and city lawyers will be very happy to draft a will, and even visit if he is not particularly mobile. If you let me know the suburb I can suggest a lawyer. The things that he will need to consider is who he wants to be the executor of his will, and if there are any specific legacies of personal items. He may want to give directions as to whether he wants cremation or burial or any other such directions. It doesn't take long to get the will prepared, but there will need to be two witnesses to his signature, who cannot be beneficiaries or the executor. Please let me know if you need a referral

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My sister and I will be his executor of his will, I know where he wants to be buried which his home land in the cook islands. That would be good if you could prepared a will for my father. Yes I would need to a referral if that's possible also. We also live in Porirua.

That makes it very clear, and will be very helpful to the lawyer. We do not actually prepare documents on this website but there are a lot of good lawyers in Porirua, and one who I know well is Robert Brace, who has a wide practice in the middle of the shopping centre. His phone number is(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok so all I need to do is ring Robert Brace and make an appointment and he will help set up a will and everything for my father,

Thats correct