How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22476
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My adult daughter has accused me of sexually assaulting both

Customer Question

My adult daughter has accused me of sexually assaulting both her and her sister when they were children. They don't intend to take it further but I need to as it did not happen. They will not tell me what supposedly happened.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Christchurch NZ
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that they blame my drinking
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 5 months ago.

Hi I think you have asked this already-can I help further with the answer?

Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 5 months ago.

You need to be careful as anything you say may be used against you. Even if they say they won't report this to the police there is no limitation period on reporting this. So a denial may provoke them but of course you don't accept this. If this goes to the police you will face a jail sentence if they are believed. The best I can suggest is to say you deny their allegations and will never discuss this again. After that, what contact you have with them is up to you.

Related New Zealand Law Questions