Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

I am currently considering a job offer from City Care, just

Customer Question

I am currently considering a job offer from City Care, just have couple of questions about this job offer:
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: the job title is junior site engineer, but my degree is civil engineer. I am an international graduate student, and I wanna use this job to apply for my residency in New Zealand. however, civil engineer is a long-term shortage on the list and that will give me advantage when apply for residency. but my job title is site engineer and i cant find it on the long-term shortage list. so is it still possible use this job title to get advantage a civil engineer title has?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am currently holding post-study work visa - open. that expires in may 2017. my employer want me to renew my work visa before that, so i am currently looking at either apply for skilled migrate category resident visa or post-study work visa (employer assisted).
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 month ago.

I think it is likely that the job description of "site engineer" means that you will be doing civil engineering for the job. If that is the case, then it will be on the long-term shortage list. Can you please confirm whether the role and the job description are in fact civil engineering, even though it is called "site engineer"