Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

I listed my dingy, trailer and outboard on Trade Me and had

Customer Question

I listed my dingy, trailer and outboard on Trade Me and had to pay a listing fee of 49 $ front up. As no sale came through, I listed the outboard alone and sold it.
Now Trade Me charges me another 46 $ success fee.
That's their answer:
I understand what you're saying here Hans, but you've made a choice to sell your outboard separately from your trailer as an auction. We have allowed you to place your outboard as an auction on our website, and as mentioned, we didn't charge you a listing fee for getting that auction started.
So in this situation, since you made the decision to split up your trailer and outboard to sell them separately, we are unable to refund you the success fee for your sale.
I dispute the second success fee as the outboard was already paid a listing fee.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 months ago.

The termd the site do permit a success fee for each item sold separately. Once the first sale did not proceed, then they are entitled to charge again for the new listing, and a success fee. I may have misunderstood your question, but I dont think they have dne anything wrong