Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

A nurse lied she was takin our daughter to her GP to get a

Customer Question

a nurse lied she was takin our daughter to her GP to get a prescription for respiridone, she told us she will bring her home after they finished, instead she took her to the mental health ward .. i got worried and wnt ringin around for my daughters where-abouts.. when i rung the hospital they told me they had her for 5days she be going on compulsory order. i wrote a complaint, no one heard of it, it cant be found, nor were any of the other complaints i wrote found. can i do something about the situation? they had her drugged so bad, she was like a zombie hence my letters of complaint. she was closely monitored and controlled, when she was/is never violent, she is very direct and straightforward, she got copies of her hospital records, and was shocked to read false information written about her. evrything is manipulated to make her look mad, and to stay on compulsory order, hence further letters of complaint. is there anything i can do about this situation?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 month ago.

If you have a complaint which the hospital has not dealt with to your satisfaction, you can make a complaint to the Health and Disability Commissioner.