Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

My (step)son, Oliver, was diagnosed with paranoid

Customer Question

My (step)son, Oliver, was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia in Wellington in about 1981.
It has recently come to my notice that the drug mefloquine (Lariam, Roche) has been associated withg or implicated in the development of psychiatric disorders, and that class actions are in progress in various parts of the world against Roche.
Oliver took daily Lariam as a malaria prophylaxis for several years in the late 'seventies whilst the family was resident in Papua New Guinea.
His mother, from whom I am divorced, wishes to explore the possibility of taking legal action seeking compensation on Oliver's behalf for loss of earnings, pain and suffereing and so forth.
Can you suggest a legal professional with appropriate knowledge and experience with whom she might communicate to explore how to pursue this matter further?
(Dr) John Mills
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 month ago.
I would suggest someone like Sonya Cooper of Cooper Legal in Wellington or John Millar also of Wellington. Their address are as follows
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Oliver and his mother are resident in Auckland - any recommendations for barristers there, please?
Try this firm