Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

I met an car crash last year and there was a taxi behind ny

Customer Question

I met an car crash last year and there was a taxi behind ny car that hit me but my car didnt even got a scratch & i jst shared my contact details with driver of taxi in case he needs help & he went to his insurance company & put all blame on me which i replied in jan 2016 to a insurance incestigartor that taxi driver was at fault, i didnt hear back from anyone since then till aug 2016 i recieved a email from his insurance company that i have to pay for the damage & there is a court order to pay that repair & which was issued in march 2016 and im getting it now.
I need help to appeal against this as this seems to be dodgy & the claim officer was agressive over phone too.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 month ago.
If you didn't get the claim in the Disputes Tribunal you can apply for a rehearing as the next step. You can do so at this site where you can get the right form to use at this site
This is on the grounds you didn't know about the first hearing. This will enable you to then present your defence