Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

I met an car crash last year and there was a taxi behind ny

Customer Question

Hi
I met an car crash last year and there was a taxi behind ny car that hit me but my car didnt even got a scratch & i jst shared my contact details with driver of taxi in case he needs help & he went to his insurance company & put all blame on me which i replied in jan 2016 to a insurance incestigartor that taxi driver was at fault, i didnt hear back from anyone since then till aug 2016 i recieved a email from his insurance company that i have to pay for the damage & there is a court order to pay that repair & which was issued in march 2016 and im getting it now.
I need help to appeal against this as this seems to be dodgy & the claim officer was agressive over phone too.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 3 months ago.
If you didn't get the claim in the Disputes Tribunal you can apply for a rehearing as the next step. You can do so at this site where you can get the right form to use at this site http://www.disputestribunal.govt.nz/forms-and-fees/
This is on the grounds you didn't know about the first hearing. This will enable you to then present your defence