Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

Everything start the 28/06 when i notified the company my

Customer Question

everything start the 28/06 when i notified the company my decision of leave the company ,the final date of work was Friday July 15th,when we reach that date we have a work to finish (earlys rd in methven) then we decide to extend my contract until the end of that work ,in the night of the 15th august when i was in methven for the work i receive a call from my mother (she live in Argentina) telling me my father die that night,the next day i call the director of the company and i told him i was leaving the country to help my mother and my sister whit the process of the dead of my father and i come back the 28th august ,he told me was OK and i leave the country,the 26th friday at midday i give a call to the director telling him i was arriving the 28th Sunday at midday and the 29th Monday at morning (7:30) i gonna be in the office ready to work,asking him if he can give me work in the city because my girlfriend is leaving the country to live in Argentina again the 6th of September and i wanna spend this last days whit her,he told me he gonna have a talk with the rest of the directors of the company and send me a msg,i don't receive the msg and today when i was in the office he told me the work of methven was finish by other persons and he don't have work for me,leaving me in a really precarious situation because i spend a lot of money in the ticket to see my family.on top of that i leave my family alone in a really sad moment just to come to work and i find this.i been working in a full time contract since august of 2015,i have a work permit till July of t 2017.
he supouse to give me 3 weeks of advice??
he need to pay me 3 week in my final payment??
what about the stress he cause me for dont notified me?
Kind regards
Numa Nahuel Besteiro
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 month ago.
You can claim a personal grievance against them. Are you back in New Zealand yet?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i arrive the sunday 28 and like i said to them i was in the office the monday 29 at 7:30 when they said me they dont have more work for me
You need to tell them you have been dismissed unfairly, and want to claim a personal grievance. You might need a lawyer to help with this. The claim goes first to employment mediation which will be to discuss their actions with an independent employment mediator who will try to settle this. Hopefully they may offer your job back, and you can say you will claim a personal grievance or they can re employ you.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
do you recomend to talk first with them or to talk first with one lawyer?i dont want the job back becose after this they probably gonna send me to do labor work and im a foreman carpenter
Try talking to them first, but if they refuse to re employ as a foreman carpenter, then consult a lawyer and start the process
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
if i don't want to be re employed ??after this kind of situation the work environment is gonna be really bad
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
is a really small company,i gonna see their faces all the time,is gonna be really a bad work environment
Returning there may not be an option but a mediation may help fix the relationships