Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

We have recently had a terrible provision of service,

Customer Question

Hi there,
We have recently had a terrible provision of service, signing up against our will, and 2 months later still not providing the service we signed up for. It has damaged our business, cost us time and staff wages due to their lack of care or service. Other than changing back to our old providers, is there any form of compensation we can get from them due to lost work (while they disconnected all our cell phones without our permission or warning) or the amount of time we have had to spend running our business off iphone hotspots as their broadband on our BUSINESS account is still not functioning properly.
Thanks for your time
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 month ago.

I am just reading this now

You would have signed a contract with the provider, and so as with any contract, if the contract is breached, you can claim damages. The breaches of contract would be the failure of service and the misrepresentations which they may have made about quality and the type of service. You can even make a calculation of the costs to you, and bring a claim in the Disputes Tribunal but there are also special services where you can complain about telecommunication providers. That is a free service, and will investigate what has happened impartially and recommend remedies. Here is the link to the provider, and I suggest you have a look at what they do, and asked me if you have any queries

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Chris am talking with them now

Thats great, i hope this gets resolved

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
TDR said they can only help with complaints but not dealing with some form of reimbursment for time and damages to the business. What is the best way to go about this?

You would need to claim to the Disputes Tribunal claiming breaches of contract. They are also online at this link.