Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

JUST HELP ME I REALLY NEED SOME HELP HARD WORKINK

Customer Question

JUST HELP ME I REALLY NEED SOME HELP IM A HARD WORKINK MULTISKILLED WORKER ODDLLES OF CARACHTER REFFERRES IMA FINISHER NOT ASTARTER
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 3 months ago.

I am happy to help you with your legal questions. Please let me know what you need.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My mum died a ld few months ago and her and my stepfather have a freehold property in Whakapara Wich is half hers.My stepfather won't let us c the will and I found out that he canceled her will at Marsden woods in skip and smith and had a new one made up after she was diagnosed with elzymers disease and also got a new defacto wife a few months after he put my mum in a hospital home. My Mum worked her heart all her life so she could leave us half the property.John Ryken her partner is now saying that we are getting nothing from the Estate and there's nothing we can do about it Mum also had about 300000 dollars worth of rings she collected over 40 yrs. Jhon says they are all gone or lost Wich is rubbish because they were all ways kept in the gun safe.M mothers name was Pamela Dora thy Ryken/ Colcord/wardrobe.I need to know w hat I can do o to stop him selling the homestead and make sure mums wishes are carried out.John want tell me where the new will was made up but I need to know for my kids sake where we stand legaly the property is worth over 1 million dollars

You need to instruct a local lawyer to challenge the will, on the basis that your mother was unable to understand what she was doing. You can do this and ask the court to set aside the will so the family can benefit. You can also claim under the Family Protection Act and this would be based on a moral duty to provide for her children. But you must see a lawyer to help with the claims as this is a complicated sort of case even though you might have a strong claim. There are good lawyers in Whangarei I can recommend if you need someon