Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

I have a close friend whom has past with cancer.We grew up

Customer Question

I have a close friend whom has past with cancer.We grew up togeither at school and we were like brother/sister.As her mum died at aged 8 & father when she was 32,she only has 1 sibbling who moved to oz when he was 20,so didnt have much to with his sis,though they talked on the phone.In her last 6 weeks,her brother spent his last days with her.She has no children due to the fact she had an expirey date.In her last 2 weeks,she was put in a hospice & this is when things went belly up.A freind of hers came to the hospice/hospital,got her to change her will,not once,but twice under duress/sedated at the time & we at a loss why her lawyer proceeded to alter her will while not of sound mind as this can be proven by medical records.This women also changed the next of kin/gauardian of our friend without notifying this women.Since my friend has past,her car has been sold to her brother at mates rates,her household items given to her son & now she has the house on the market wanting a quick sale as i am trying to stop it.The house is in a business name and the director was the owner,now past.To be a director of a company,you are to have no criminal background or associated with anyone.Her husband has been done for fraud and put inside for doing a drug run in his van.How does one get a hold of the will as not only is this under handed,but her brother should be sole benificery of the estate.Thanks.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 months ago.

I am just reading this now

I am not sure who you consider should have been the correct beneficiary. But it would appear that if her brother should have been the sole beneficiary, then it is up to him to take appropriate action. However if she was married, then her husband would normally inherit her estate. Do you know where the previous will left her estate? Who got cut out in the new wills?