Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

Regarding supporting a Partnership[de facto(more than 7

Customer Question

Regarding supporting a Partnership[de facto(more than 7 months)] temporary visa.Both of us are in NZ.My work visa expiry : 6th Nov 2016 ; Partners work visa expiry : 21st August 2016. I will be post as a asst. Manager for a food industry on 17th Aug 2016 which will give me 2 years of visa as I'm undergoing as a trainee Now. How can I support my partner for 2 years of visa and Can you please advise us the process that suits our situation, fees, complexity of the application and success rate.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 months ago.

In this situation you do need to have a partnership of 12 months duration at least. You are probably best to apply for your own work visas on their own merits rather than relying on a partnership, because seven months is not yet enough to show to Immigration that this is a long-term relationship. Many people use an immigration consultant in this situation to help go through the various options. Would you like me to refer you to one?