Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

I lost my license as a learner driver and two weeks later I

Customer Question

I lost my license as a learner driver and two weeks later I passed my restricted license. I understood that the penalty of losing my learners license did not carry forward
Is this correct. Thank you. and have any adverse effect on me continuing driving using my new restricted licence.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 months ago.

If you have lost your license as a learner driver, you would lose this for a period of time in which you cannot hold or obtain another license. Even if you passed your restricted license, that does not qualify you to drive until the time period of loss of license ordered under the learner driver disqualification has expired. You need to be very careful because the penalty for driving while disqualified will add a further period of disqualification