Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

My partner and s ex wife are now been told by a judge that

Customer Question

my partner and his ex wife are now been told by a judge that they are both unfit to be parents. They need family court and cyfs is involved. they both have failed hair follicle tests for meth.
i have been dating my partner for 8 months and we have a long distance relationship. i love his kids and i don't like what is going on. he seems to think i will have to do a hair follicle drug test too. I'm confused when the parents can't pass theirs what good would me passing mine be>?
Category: New Zealand Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Who can request me to be tested during their family court.?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The kids are never left with me... I want these parents to be happy and move on, especially for the kids but they fight a lot.
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 4 months ago.

It is a part of the normal routine of the Family Court when drug use is suspected, and the judge has the power to require the hair follicle testing, as this is the standard test for methamphetamine use. The residue lasts some weeks as you may be aware. But no one will ask you for testing unless it is proposed that his children will be staying with you

So I dont know why it was suggested you should be tested. If the children are never left with you it should not be an issue

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
you mean by staying with me and not the parents
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
okay Thats what I thought?

Its only an issue if the children stay with you-if that wont happen then there is no reason for you to be tested