How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 14564
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a beneficiarie to Maori land that my mum left as a

Customer Question

Good evening I am a beneficiarie to Maori land that my mum left as a whanau trust,
Do the Trustee have to show us bank statement?
The treasure has only for the first time because the judge asked for a finance report.
The treasure has given a summary report, that does not show any bank statements
Or where money is invested or who has loans.
We are going to Maori land court tomorrow.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I gave the wrong email address my email is***@******.***
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do the trust or treasure have to show bank statements, investments and where or who has loans
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 10 months ago.

The trustee does not have any legal duty to show you the bank statements. But it is possible that the judge might ask them to do so, because that would enable you to check the records. Beneficiaries do not normally have the right to ask for the financial records, but the judge has the right to supervise any trusts set up in the Maori land Court and ask for any records. So you should tell the judge about your concerns and ask him/her to make orders requiring the trustee to disclose these records. Please let me know if you would like a phone call this morning.

Related New Zealand Law Questions