Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

Does EPOA have to show proof of such to family, New zealand,

Customer Question

Does EPOA have to show proof of such to family
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: New zealand
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Cremated my mother instead of buriel as will asked for and responded it was her verbal wishes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: New Zealand Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 3 months ago.

If you are the person who is the attorney appointed under the enduring power of attorney document, you do not need to show the document to the family, although it is regarded as good practice to consult the family when you are making decisions. However a decision about cremation instead of burial, is a decision that is the responsibility of the executor under the will. If you were also the executor, then you can change the method of disposal of the body if you had a verbal direction. Please let me know if you still want to have a telephone call