Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

When travelling to Singapore and the UK do you have to

Customer Question

When travelling to Singapore and the UK do you have to declare a drink driving conviction as a criminal offence?
JA: You're dealing with a tough issue. But don't worry -- you're in good hands. I know the lawyer has information that can help.
Customer: That would be appreciated
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 4 months ago.

Drink driving is a traffic offence, which is different from something like a drug or violence conviction, and disclosure will not be needed for those countries. Some countries like Canada do require disclosure of drink driving offences, but generally this means you would need to apply for a visa and explain the conviction. But for your trip this will not be necessary