Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

I'm a licensed sale person and want to become a buyers agent

Customer Question

Hi i'm a licensed sale person and want to become a buyers agent to represent developers and building companies. I want to find them land that they are looking for. I need a lawyer to help me with this to make sure i'm meeting my obligations with the agency I work under and obligations under the REAA.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 4 months ago.

Would you like a referral to a lawyer to give advice, as I can help with more general questions but recommend someone to get more detailed advice. The principal legislation you need to be concerned about is the Real Estate Agents Act, which I expect you are familiar with, and other legislation such as the Fair Trading Act and likely to need some familiarity with the Resource Management Act and the local council requirements.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'd like a referral to a local lawyer in New Zealand that specialises in real estate law and works with real estate agents.

Which city are you in?