Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

I have changed my bail address : Im in a womens refuge

Customer Question

I have changed my bail address
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Im in a womens refuge because my husband beat me up. Im on bail as well..
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Iam on bail at my husbands address. Due to him abusing me i came to a womens shelter. How do i change my address?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 4 months ago.
You need to discuss this with your lawyer who can arrange this. You can ask the police to confirm the new address is OK first, just to speed up the process, but then your lawyer will need to change the bail at the court. It can be done quickly if the police accept the new address. If you don't have a lawyer it will be necessary to still confirm the address with the police, and you would then need to go to the court and ask them to change the bail address. The court registrar should be able to help do this.