Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

I have paid about $15,000 hearing fees 5 day hearing. Do the

Customer Question

I have paid about $15,000 hearing fees for a 5 day hearing. Do the fees include transcript costs?
There was a further 2 days continued hearing and 2 days fixed for oral submissions after that. Will there be any further court or hearing fees payable?
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 6 months ago.

There is no extra fee charged for the transcript, because this is generated live during the course of the hearing, and you are handed copies, or your lawyer will be handed copies if you have one acting for you. You can also get an electronic copy. As for the extra days, unfortunately you will get charged for those because the fees are charged from the second day of the hearing onwards.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What about transcript for oral submissions which was directed by the judge for my benefit? Will any fees be charged and payable by me? Thanks
That is included in the hearing fee, because you get the transcript anyway. If evidence is taken at a distance, then while there fees to arrange that, the transcript is included
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
For oral submissions, I understand a transcript is not normally provided. However, in my case, a transcript of the oral submissions was provided to me on the Judge's order. The transcript was specially prepared from the court recordings AFTER the oral submissions were completed. Will I have to pay for the costs for this transcript?
I haven't heard of this being charged for, in my experience. Has someone asked for this?