Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

Just a simple one i hope exs partner is showing violance

Customer Question

Hi just a simple one i hope
exs partner is showing violance towards myself and bulling towards my son
can not comunate with eather parties to arrange schooling hollidays ect with my son
how can i get him a lawyer please
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 6 months ago.

If there are issues about contact and parenting, the first step is to arrange for a family mediation. You do not need a lawyer for this, and it takes place reasonably quickly. The family mediator is appointed from a list of specially trained people, and will resolve any disputes over parenting and contact issues. If you can reach an agreement this becomes a binding agreement in the family Court. If you cannot reach agreement then you can make an application to the family Court but you might need a lawyer at that stage. If you want to start the mediation process, then you should contact Fairway Resolution, who will arrange a mediator for you. Their contact details are Family Dispute Resolution - 0800 77 44 20