Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

I live on the north shore off Auckland. I'm getting married

Customer Question

Hello I live on the north shore off Auckland. I'm getting married oversea and I need a proxy for my wife to be as she needs to give my papers to a court there in her country.
How much does this cost and do I need to come in the a office to do this?
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 6 months ago.
What country is this, as they have different requirements? Generally you I'll need to a form of power of attorney and get this apostilled but the requirements are different. What have they asked for specifically?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Chris, the country is Albania and the town is Korcë. I have all my papers in order and I have the opostilled! My partner knows the person in the Korcë courts and it take 11 days to go through. I just need a proxy for my partner to present my papers to the courts.Ill be here in NZ just in cases they need anything else.Can I come in tomorrow with her Passport and pay for the proxy?Thanks,David
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Crist, afternoon would be good.
I am based in Wellington, but I would have thought you need someone in Albania not here
You cannot get married by proxy in New Zealand, although a proxy marriage overseas will still be valid here. So I am not quite sure why you need a proxy in New Zealand unless you have been told something about this. The proxy marriage would have to take place in Albania, and someone would need to be your proxy there