Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

Real Estate. My daughters house was signed up last week.

Customer Question

Real Estate. My daughters house was signed up last week. There was a 5 working day cash clause. She has now had a better offer but not cash. Agent said she can accept the new offer bit I am not sure?
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. It's to go to her lawyer tomorrow
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: I was sure that the 2nd offer had to be an unconditional offer which it is not
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 6 months ago.
That sort of clause does usually require an unconditional offer, so she could ask the purchaser if they are prepared to make the offer unconditional. But she needs to get her lawyer to check the clause first and explain what that version says