Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

I need to know if this chap is a genuine Attorney, because

Customer Question

I need to know if this chap is a genuine Attorney, because he says he is willing to help me obtain some few million compensation funds from US for which I have to pay the US Tax dept. for some tax on the funds. I do not know if he is genuine.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 5 months ago.
This is a well known scam and you should not have anything to do with him. I am sorry to be so definate but scamsters like him will demand money for payment of "taxes"to enable you to get access to funds. You will pay more and more until he bleeds you dry and you will never see a cent of any "cpmpensation"which is just an illusion
I have seen many examples of this and no one ever sees the money because this is just a device to get you to pay them money without any prospect of getting this back. The person you are dealing with will not be a lawyer and may not even be in the US but somewhere like the Ukraine or elswhere