Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

How can I find out if I have been divorced

Customer Question

Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 7 months ago.
You can ask at the Registrar of Births Deaths and Marriages and the site is hereBirths, Deaths and MarriagesEmail:***@******.***. If emailing about an order you have placed you must provide:Your nameDelivery addressDetails of the product you ordered including full name and date of event. For example, Birth Certificate for ***** ***** DOB 1/2/2012.Freephone: 0800 22 52 52 (New Zealand only)Phone: (+64 4)(###) ###-####(from outside New Zealand)Fax: (+64 4)(###) ###-####(for certificate and printout orders)Fax: (+64 4)(###) ###-####(for general enquiries)
You could also ask at the Family Court where your ex lives-if that was Whangarei, then the court there. The contact details are here http://www.courtsofnz.govt.nz/utilities/contact/courts
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I knew that, I thought you could apply and find out for me!
The information is not publicly searchable so you have to do this yourself-if it was able to be searched I would do so, but family court files are kept confidential and can only be searched by the parties