Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

There, I purchased a paintball games day son for

Customer Question

Hi there,
I purchased a paintball games day for my son for $180, plus paintballs for $524. My son just started boarding school and due to the stress was hospitalised that week, he has since moved back to the HB. He is unable to attend in Auckland and does not have the 20 friends to take.
They said during the booking that it was non-refundable and non-returnable, what options do I have? I really need this money back,
with thanks
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 6 months ago.
Have you asked if you can sell this to someone? that may be an option, by selling it on TradeMe perhaps. But otherwise, if the contract says this. then you bought with those terms and conditions, and they have no obligation to refund. You cannot just cancel a contract and get money back because of the change in circumstances. But see if they will let you sell this