Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

I am looking barrister of QC standard to represent me on a

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I am looking for a barrister of QC standard to represent me on a matrimonial seperate.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes I am working with my lawyer but he is not skilled in this field.
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: I have made a settlement offer to my wife and she has agreed but it appears her lawyer wants to drag this out and dig into my trust affairs. I do hold a contracting out agreement but they could try to get this set aside.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: not at this stage but if this ends up in litigation i need a high caliber barrister
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the about your situation and connect you two.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 7 months ago.
There are a number of barristers who are QCs who could handle this for you, or you could get a senior barrister. You will be aware that the recent Clayton v Clayton case has affected trust and contracting out agreements. Would you like some names?