Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

I am in Australia and have been asked to renounce probate

Customer Question

I am in Australia and have been asked to renounce probate and being an executor of my mothers will, how will this affect me in regards ***** ***** will?
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have and she has said that the executors would need to follow the wishes of my mother in the will which stated equal shares
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: however with them being the executors what rights would i have if i grant them full control?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 9 months ago.

If you renounce your appointment as an executor it doesn't have any effect on your share under the will. You will get exactly the same. The only change is you will not have control as one of the executors as to administration. I would have thought it would be easy to get documents signed by you in Aistralia and unsure why you have been asked to renounce