Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

I received a drink driving conviction in March 2014. I am at

Customer Question

I received a drink driving conviction in March 2014. I am at a very senior level in my organisation and considering a career change due to internal restructuring. The conviction will seriously affect my ability to obtain employment at a similar level elsewhere. Can this conviction be sealed through any means other than the Clean Slate Bill?
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: only when charged ... he just wanted to wrap up the case as quickly as possible
JA: Please tell me your email address, in case we get disconnected.
Customer:***@******.***
JA: Thanks. Are you ready to speak with the Lawyer now?
Customer: yes
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 9 months ago.

The Criminal Records Clean Slate Act only applies to convictions after 7 years, and there is no other way of concealing the conviction. At the time you could have applied for a discharge without conviction, but it is too late now I am sorry to advise