How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22618
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a horse rider from India and I am working in new

Customer Question

I am a horse rider from India and I am working in new Zealand from last 23 months and I would like to apply for permanent residence of new Zealand.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

So there are a number of options

Work to Residence

  • Work to Residence - for people who meet one of the following criteria:
    • are qualified in occupations that are in demand in New Zealand
    • have a job offer from an accredited employer, or
    • have exceptional talent in sports or the arts.

A Work to Residence visa is a temporary work visa that allows you to apply for a Residence from Work residence visa later. The advantage of Residence from Work is that you do not need to send us an expression of interest before applying for residence.

Are you joining your partner in New Zealand?

Our Family Stream is for people who want to work temporarily while joining their partner here. See the requirements.

Applying for a Permanent Resident visa

Resident visas granted under Skilled Migrant Category and most visas* granted under Residence from Work will allow you to travel outside New Zealand in the first two years of your residence. After this time you will need to apply for a Permanent Resident Visa. A Permanent Resident Visa allows unrestricted travel. This means that you can travel outside New Zealand with no limit on time spent out of New Zealand, and return as a resident.

*In some cases, a Work to Resident applicant may be granted a Permanent Resident Visastraight away through their residence application (if they work for an accredited employer and earn over NZ$90,000 per year).

Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

If one of these applies to your situation you can apply.

Related New Zealand Law Questions