Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

Where is your office located? I brought a cottage in Pauanui

Customer Question

Good morning Chris
Where is your office located ?
I brought a cottage in Pauanui Pines one year ago. I may need some help from you in the not too distant future. I dared to query a drainage issue mid last year and since October have been blacklisted I suppose by management. I'm a widow aged 64 my husband Barry died from Melonoma in 2011. Baz underwent a clinical trial in Queensland but died in Australia. There are no large financial reserves so I can't enter into any expensive process but possibly an appointment with you, if you have experienced the complexities here, may help. I don't necessarily want to sell but management have now sent out a second letter to all residents claiming my queries and action has forced them to pay for 2 hours of legal advice and each home owner is now being asked for $110 each.
Of course that extends my being 'sent to Coventry'. Three folk on the village happily talk with me but no others now. It feels like bullying but I just don't know
Kind regar
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 11 months ago.

I am in Wellington so not that close. Is this a retirement village? There are particular remedies in that case, or is this just a Body Corporate?