Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

I have serviced a resort pool in the coromandle

Customer Question

I have serviced a resort pool in the coromandle ,considerable works where undertaken and multiple visits were made now amounting to abt 7k$ , I have been suddenly told to stop all workas they are shocked at the amount of my last bill. all work has been completed in accordance with trade practices, the whole system was run down ,I original built the pool more than 10ys ago..What can I do? the property is forsale for about 6million.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: like ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 10 months ago.

If they refuse to pay you can bring a claim in the Disputes Tribunal. They would need to explain properly why they dispute this, and you can raise matters such as their neglect of maintenance, which is likely the real problem. If you get an award for your bill, you can then place a charging order on the property which must be paid before they can sell.