How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22763
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A local newspaper took a photo of me used it story. 2 years

Customer Question

a local newspaper took a photo of me used it for a story.
2 years later a National newspaper used the same photo to portray me in a misleading and unflattering way,
Can i sue them?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Once the photo has been published, then it is open to be used again. However if the context was defamatory and used to humiliate you, with the accompanying story, then you may have a claim in defamation. It is dependent on the way it was used and what comments they made

Related New Zealand Law Questions